View Single Post
Old 07-24-20, 09:58 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
That surprised me enough that I double checked. Yup, they are charging over a hundred bucks for shipping. I suspect that the shipping disruptions around the globe due to Covid caused something to go weird here, I think that is about the same price that I paid for shipping a bike frame with a bunch of other parts in the box from SJS in 2013.

When I bought my Carradry panniers from Evans five years ago, shipping was free (order was big enough for free shipping).
Yep. Since an early fiasco where I got stuck with a $50 brokerage fee I always look at the shipping cost part of things. Amazon is ridiculous for that sometimes.

Recently I've done a spate of ordering.
Chain reaction has free shipping over $150 so I try to wait until I pass that point. They have shipped fast though.
Brooks was not bad ($10) and about 1.5 weeks.
Carradice usually is really good but I've been 3 weeks waiting for this last order so I have to email today. They predicted 2 weeks. Could just be slow handling but their customer service is great so I'm not worried.

The big surprise has been MEC, the Canadian version of REI. 4 days! and free shipping over $50. They use expedited post in an attempt (I think) to maintain customer loyalty during this period. I only wish they had more selection. The've been restructuring to stop losses and part of that has been to streamline their inventory so there are only a few options in each category.