View Single Post
Old 12-28-20, 10:55 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,483 Times in 4,185 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv
There certainly nothing wrong with recommending an improved design such as thru-axles. It eliminates a common source of alignment problems when using disc brakes. Thru-axles combined with advanced hydraulic calipers makes disc brakes the optimum choice. There are plenty of poorly executed disc brake bikes with quick release axles. Not all, but many. New bikes that feature thru-axles are clearly a step forward from older designs that use quick release axles.
Of course there is nothing wrong with recommending thru axles. I wouldnt think twice is someone said- 'I find thru axles to be a better design because it helps ensure rotor alignment'.
What I was responding to were over the top claims that brands are scamming consumers, all disc brake problems are due to QR, TA is the only way to get care free use with disc, and that QR disc will be a continued disappointment for the life of the bike.

You do see the difference between recommending an improved design and what I responded to, right? I mean, its glaringly obvious.