Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Maaku
I am sharing my bike case because it is truly a different experience of traveling around with your bike compared to others I've used (cardboard box, hard case, soft cases.) Of course, I am biased, because I'm the designer and I'm starting to produce/sell it, but i'm curious to know what people's reactions are: Post Carry Co. Transfer Case. It might be some work to pack/unpack the bike but personally, I don't mind it. I'm able to build my road bike in 15 minutes, including pumping the tires. This will turn off some cyclists but i'm sure there are others that enjoy working on the bike, use it as a chance to clean/service the bike, and to get the footprint of the case as small as possible. I love taking the train or transit systems at any city I visit, and there just wasn't a bike case that made it easy to go around town before you actually unpacked the bike. I know there's several posts here concerning broken bikes or preventing damage. In my Case, the bike is sandwiched between foam layers instead of it being constrained to a rigid frame within the case. This gives the bike some wiggle room to move if it gets impacted, and the rigid side panels take most of the impact. Any thoughts?

How does this do with passing through airports without the bike fee? Looks like a cool product.