Old 06-26-19, 01:58 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
I agree with a lot of what you said, but you can't ignore the fact that China and India alone have 2.6 billion people. Yes, that's 2.6 billion mouths to feed (with all of the pollution needed to do so), and in countries where the environmental laws leave a lot to be desired.

I'm not blaming them, but to act like the fate of the planet is in our hands alone is shortsighted. 70 plus years ago, maybe, but that ship has sailed.
The fate of the planet is in OUR hands. We keep passing the ball off to China but they are not the problem. China has 5x our population and now, after decades. They might now exceed our emissions of greenhouse gases. But they get it. They have plateaued their output and are decreasing them from here on out. We on the other hand have scrapped the plans that were made to do likewise and as a result for the last three years our emissions have been increasing year over year with no end in sight! You say 70 years ago? I say 40. China 70 years ago was not doing anywhere close to what we were doing to the environment. The vast majority of Chinese and Indian subjects have a minimal carbon footprint. Most live at a subsistence standard. We (should) own this.