Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Hi, Doge,

Any chance we can hear from your son on how it works instead of from you? We only know of your son through you and we only know of how successful things are (or not) for your son through you.

I'd rather hear directly from him as the athlete that's actually doing the things that you write about. I'd like to hear his opinion, not the opinion of his parent...which can be significantly different.

SOURCE: I am a son.
If you want PM me and I'll send you his email and phone number, you can contact him.

Otherwise, very unlikely as I doubt he has ever posted on any forum. If there was a coaches/manager thread I'd be happy to go there.

I'm the one buying and paying for it and managing it - and logging it and recording it.

A dad exchanging the ideas should not be weird. For every pro road rider there are several behind them.

And while fewer seem to be involved in track, it seems similar for the elite track riders.

It is in the feed zones and track pits I'm talking with the dads and the trainers of the track racers, not the racers. Those dads can tell me the power, speed suits brand, latest aero testing results, training plans of a dozen or so in the discipline. If I want to know where to get a Lexi speed suit - or how to spell it, or who trains Ashton, or Colby I don't ask a rider. I ask a dad.