Old 03-30-20, 09:30 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 926:

Got up early this morning because I decided it was time to get back into the habit of walking/running in the morning, which I haven't done hardly at all since last August. I decided to ease into it slowly and planned a 2 mile walk, not pushing the pace too hard. It was 28F, but there wasn't any wind so the temp wasn't too bad once I got warmed up. About 1.25 miles into the walk my right heel blistered and became really painful. My old shoes had worn through and a chunk of plastic was poking out of the back side where there used to be padding. I had to slowly hobble the rest of the way home. I even walked a portion of it without a shoe until the concrete made my foot too cold. So it looks like I need to replace my shoes and let my heel heal. I'm guessing my heel will be better before I find a shoe store that's open.

Because the walk wound up taking longer than I had anticipated, I wound up leaving the house 15 minutes late. Traffic was pretty quiet and the ride was uneventful.

I'm still working at the client's office for the time being. I sit by myself in the corner and don't interact much with people, so I feel like I'm satisfactorily isolated.

Here's my latest video I posted of my various commuting exploits: