Old 05-17-20, 01:21 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by Aristokrata
Good info there; do you have any experience with the Giant frame geometry? Specifically, the fitness frames, like the Fastroad Advanced.

That's quite a rare build, in a good way. I'd assume it's been tough finding a good bike though, on account of having an inseam more commonly associated with 6' + folks, and L frames with longer reach.
Well, not all that uncommon -- but certainly a ways off the 'norm' for males my height! I'd be a good candidate for custom had I not found that the Sirrus geometry just works well for me. I (re)started cycling in '02 with mtb, so lots of seatpost doesn't bother me, and in fact I like lots of standover clearance. Pic below gives some idea.

I've no real experience with Giant's 'fitness' geometry I'm afraid, but I did do a quick static fit on a current Fastroad last year. The problem (for me) was stack height, which on those bikes is quite low in a Medium. The Large was slightly better, though not ideal. To get more stack, one has to go to riser bars or up-angled stems, both of which I dislike. Reach was within range -- anything from 390ish to 410 or so will work for me with a stem length adjustment.

Likes For badger1: