View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 07:12 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3237 Post(s)
Liked 2,082 Times in 1,180 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
He's got all his history in Connect, so the reports all work and show complete info. .
I've used Connect for years, as a portal to pass data to RideWithGPS. I finally figured out that the data (I care about) was easier to view and edit on RWGPS so stopped bothering with Connect. It's especially easier to plot a route in RWGPS as it's just simpler not having to go thru the steps of going to Training, Create Course, choosing Road Ride, etc... that Connect makes you do, RWGPS is much easier. Should the OP desire, he links Connect to RWGPS once and ALL his history moves over. And at that point connecting to a Wahooo is seamless.

I've no idea if he can do multiple accounts in RWGPS and as he stated he doesn't need mapping, my thought was the Wahoo has the easiest method to zoom the screen text to make it readable. It's also cheaper than the 830 and maybe a 530 would work, but that's and additional $90

And note I'm generally in the Garmin camp, having owned an 810, 1000 and now 1030 I had a Bolt for a few months, it was a very good unit. I returned it to REI as I had issues reading TBT text while wearing sunglasses, as they reverse to white text on black background. I also realized I wanted maps that I could load to the device as well as be able to see them on a decent sized screen, Wahoo can't do that well, though the Roam has gotten better at dealing with maps. If OSM is all you need. I personally think once the OP starts using a device that has decent mapping on a decent sized screen he'd never pull out his smartphone again.