View Single Post
Old 11-27-12, 01:30 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 728 Times in 373 Posts
Originally Posted by mynameistaken
- i am curious as to where those pics were taken and what type of race it was. Maybe it was a super technical crit where the wide bars would have been an advantage.
You've never raced a crit have you? You want to be in the drops 95% of the time in a crit. In the drops allows you to corner better with a lower center of gravity. No way there's an advantage to riding those bikes with that setup in a crit.

The comment you chose to highlight was in response to the post to the effect that at least your not a sheep.
- Yes the OP was being a little defensive due to all of the negative posts
Not hanging out in the road forum, I think the whole thread went right over your head. The OP was purposefully trolling. There are recurrent pictures of flat bar bikes with high end racing frames and wheels that get ridiculed. He was stirring the pot on a slow day.

- Are you honestly taking the position that it makes sense to take a $3000 carbon frame, put Zipp 404's on it, then put flat bars on it, for the specific purpose of racing said bike? - For a typical professional road race, no.
Given that you agree with the point I was making, I don't see why you continue to take issue.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.