Old 02-19-19, 06:44 AM
sd5782 

Bikes: 1964 Huffy Sportsman, 1972 Fuji Newest, 1973 Schwinn Super Sport (3), 1982 Trek 412, 1983 Trek 700, 1989 Miyata 1000LT, 1991 Bianchi Boardwalk, plus others

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked 700 Times in 395 Posts
Colors

Originally Posted by Deal4Fuji
Thanks sd !! I knew it was made for something specific because it was so nicely milled. Cool that you could ID it. I'm not sure how I came to have it, probably left behind at a rental house. It works great for the use described above as a block punch to push out cottered pins because the aluminum is softer than the pin so it won't damage the pin.

I wonder why the copper color ?

EDIT - I see you have a '85 Ironman too - being from OH is it the Buckeye scarlet & grey like mine? I like that color combo the most of all the IM's
Not real sure about colors but probably to denote 12 gauge which is often red. I find that little Raleigh interesting, as I am also doing a Raleigh (Huffy) 3 speed, but mine wasn't/isn't in quite as challenging of condition as yours. I removed my cotters with a Harbor Freight chain breaker that was modified for the job. Instructions and modifications are on the big English 3 speed thread. Searching while in that thread turns up lots of useful info.

1964 Huffy Sportsman

I purchased my Ironman last fall and have been in the process of setting it up how I may like. Only about 50 miles on it so far, as we are still not enjoying winter here. At least the wrenching is entertaining. This one in the silver and blue. Very subdued which is good since I am an old guy who can't really back up any style and flash with my abilities.

1985 Ironman with some additions