View Single Post
Old 05-08-19, 04:46 AM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by FlRon
OK, this is no big deal to anyone besides me, but this morning I rode a bike for one mile. After walking 2.6 miles, I decided today was the day that I was going to get back on. If you knew where I was 2 years ago when I couldn’t even walk 2 blocks without chest pain, you would understand just how far I’ve come! I’m thrilled to be getting healthy again!
This is in fact a BIG DEAL to many of us older folk. Where in the sunshine state do you live? There are many of great rides in the state and they can be done all year long. You just need to adjust your riding times to the heat or lack of. I know exactly how you feel as I found out I have congestive heart failure 8 years ago. For the longest time (to me anyway or and maybe my wife) I couldn't even walk to the mail box and back without stopping a few times. Two years ago my wife and I had our personal best year over 12,000 miles. It takes a while but you will feel better and better just take it one step at a time. Welcome back to life.... as a friend of mine likes to say " I want to wear out not rust out".