xroadcharlie

Bikes: 2018 Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
" Pretty cool if it works as advertised."

Invariably the "technology" does not work as advertised. Not sure how it is possible to take a bit from 3 grand plus bikes and use it on a 700 dollar bike and get similar results. Not much room to work with at a 700 dollar price point. Works great as marketing hype, but in application, it is a Suntour NeX fork.

Actually it's a "SR Suntour NEX fork w/ Fitness Brain technology"

I agree it isn't possible either to get the same damping results with these sus forks on a $700 bike as we would with $500 - $1,000 forks alone. But it is possible to manipulate the flow valve assembly in the damping cartridge in such a way that it will be less sensitive to small vibrations and peddling forces, While still responding to sudden hits, Like potholes.

While my guess is this nearly identical fork, Just fine tuned is probably more effective then the other two contenders, I wouldn't base a purchase of a Specialized CrossTrail because of that alone. And while it looks like a fine bike, I would still buy the Giant Roam based on the outstanding job they did with my 2018 Sedona. They really know how to build entry level bikes as well as the $5K + bikes. Also the sus forks on the Roam are a proven design used on many bikes. Not what you get on a $5,000 bike, But I think most folks would welcome the improved ride over the rigid forks like on my Sedona.