Old 09-10-19, 04:41 AM
Bikeforumuser0019
Time to Fly!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Ladies who are losing weight or have lost weight.... real talk?

Hello,

I haven't been riding much lately for a lot of reasons. So I started walking. Like, a ridiculous amount. And I have started losing some weight.

This past week while I've been out walking, I was cat-called two different times. That's not a thing that's ever really happened to me in my life. I don't know how to feel about it. In one sense, I kind of liked it because it made me feel "normal". Like, this is a normal thing that non-overweight ladies with average bodies have to deal with. But, I also didn't like it, because well obviously having men look at me as meat to be eaten is very gross. I'm just an ordinary person who seeks to live a quiet life, I've never much been into romance (at least in part) because I've always been overweight, I never thought of myself physically attractive to men.

I guess there's nothing I can do about it if men shout or honk. I'm not out there dressed to kill, I'm in a tee-shirt and gym pants, and after walking 5 to 10 miles I feel pretty gross...sweaty and schleppy and whatnot. Is that what some men like? I'm 35 years old.... and there are several universities near my home including an Ivy League school where the young, pretty girls go out dressed in fashion so ghastly they seem like they're clearly trying to bait men, on the weekends it's like a meat market. I guess I'm getting old enough now that those undergrads seem like children to me, and it makes me sad that they clearly want the men to lust after their bodies. Like, ladies, give yourselves more credit... and also some men really struggle with lust, it's not kind to bait them.

I'm just saying all this to point out that.... this is not what I'm doing. I'm just out there walking for my health, and I don't have a 19 year old body anymore regardless of my weight. Is this what life is going to be like when I'm thinner.... like, men shouting at me sometimes or making comments at my body when I'm walking sometimes is the new normal? I guess I can get used to it, but I don't really love it so far.

Men, feel free to answer I suppose but please be kind towards my naivete. I know it seems silly but this is new life-territory for me.

Jessica