View Single Post
Old 07-06-19, 05:48 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4211 Post(s)
Liked 3,881 Times in 2,316 Posts
New Bike Complete

I've had a few projects brewing this last winter and have always been slow to complete and ride them. This bike is one of two matching bikes for the wife and I. Today was it's first bike club ride, although with me (the leader) being the only rider to show this detail really doesn't mater It's what I call a Sunday bike. Light, practically laid out, low gearing (I am in the central/western NYS and older then my fantasies are).

A mix of True Temper, Nova and Columbus tubes. Slightly OS (TT and Steerer are 28.6 and DT is 31.8) with medium/thin walls. I've been slowly slacking the ST angles and lowering my drops the last ten years, this one has 73.5* ST and 7.5cm of drop. 72* HA with a 44mm rake produces about a 63mm trail. Rear end is 42cm long and size is 47 c-c of sloping TT.

This might be my nicest riding Sunday bike ever. While a tad more road information is transmitted to me the slight increase of stiffness and quickening handling geometry makes this bike like a fit and strong rider. Too bad I don't quite meet that bar more of the time. Today I did 40 miles of nickel and diming hills (51 ft per mile) hitting 44mph max and 10% of that going up more then a few times.

Paint by Todd, another nice job he's done for me.

Sorry about the image quality. It rained the last 15 miles and still moist air when I got home for these shots. No wipe off for the camera. Andy