Old 07-01-14, 09:47 PM
Hempdaddy

Bikes: 2014 Trek 8.2 DS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunsanvil
Honestly, without knowing which frame size you are on, a description of yourself, and ideally a profile shot of you on the bike, we'd only be stabbing in the dark.
Important info... I am 5' 8", 200 lbs. (weight loss is my motivation for getting back on the bike). 17.5" frame, 700 wheels. Standard 8.2 DS with nothing really fancy. Bought it from LBS off the floor for $509.00. As mentioned before, on the way home from the LBS after about 2 miles, maybe less, my fingers started going numb. I found myself on the 5 mile ride having to ride alternating one hand to keep the feeling in them. Speed didn't make a difference. I think it's the angle of my arms to the bars maybe. It seems I am laying on the grips rather than just holding them. Seat height is appropriate to my leg length with leg very slightly bent on the lowest park of rotation. I'm thinking longer riser on the gooseneck but have heard good things about bar ends. I'm trying to avoid the bar ends just because I would rather maintain the clean look. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, the frame size is correct I think. My important parts are barely grazing the top rail when standing.