View Single Post
Old 10-31-05, 06:30 PM
KirkeIsWaiting
the dog ate my earbuds

Bikes: Colnago CT-1 B-stay Campy Carbon Record, '05 Litespeed Siena Campy, Bridgestone X03 , Peugeot dream bike gets FIXED, Waterford Campy Record Colbalto, Motobecane Tandem in perfect condition, A Belgium made Bertin that was sent by an angel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red is Faster!
6'4" tall. 215 lbs. Used to race sailboats. All the "skinny" little people used to Pi$$ me off! When you use the wind for power, and not your body, being light is a HUGE advantage.

Was also a marathon runner. Got tired of hurting my feet all of the time (overpronator). Got into triathlons about a year ago. Got a bike. Now I love the bike more than the other two sports. There is just something satisfying about sprinting out and watching the "skinny" people blow up (unless it's a massive hill of course).

I get a kick out of watching people fight to ride my wheel! Of course it's interesting when I get stuck behind a 5' tall 100 lbs girl on a group ride. In the words of Joey Tribiani' "how yuu doing?!"

I still have a lot to learn, but man, this sport kicks ass! Big guys can compete!

I am still learning which parts I can use, and which ones I can't. "...what do you mean I cant use that type of pedal!" Cracked the seat tube on my trek 2200 (carbon). Ripped the spokes out of my last rear wheel. Ocasionally I hear the sounds of my large chainring scrapeing the front deraileieur when I mash. Ah - it's good to be a clydesdale!

funny. thanks.