Thread: Nutribullet?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-18, 11:43 AM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I had a few slices of pizza last month, after a long ski day (21 miles in 4 hours), I can't remember the last time before then. There's no really good pizza here, what we have isn't worth the calories.
I am (unfortunately) surrounded by good pizza and southwest food. Definitely worth the calories for either.

Congratulations, both of you, on your weight loss! @joejack951 that's almost ten miles longer than I've ever run. Are you training for a marathon?
It was a new distance record for myself, but only by a couple miles. I hate to say that I'm training for anything specifically (more so just keeping active and feeling fit as I inch toward 40 years old) but I am running the Philly Love Run (half marathon) in a few weeks and hope to achieve a respectable time. Goal is 1h35m or 7:15/mile pace.

I've gained 25 to 30 pounds since last summer. I'm getting up hills faster, I've added 155 pounds to my bench press and 200 pounds to my squat. Unfortunately I've gained a little bit of fat around my belly too. But that should melt away pretty easily as the weather improves and I spend more time on the bike.
I can't relate to weight lifting gains, as I've never seriously done it, but those numbers sure sound impressive

I'm pretty happy with my running endurance gains which have happened alongside my weight loss. In April 2017 I raced a 5k (which kinda got me into running) at a 7:49/mile pace. Totally spent. Sunday's training run was mostly at a relaxed pace averaging 7:57/mile with the last 3 miles at 7:22/mile.

I hope to a do a few duathlons again this summer and ought to see myself turning far quicker times now that I can actually push on the run segments as well as the bike.