Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcusT
It happened to me and turned out to be a mild case of heat stroke
I don't run a temperature. It happened in the winter and when I ride at night

Originally Posted by u235
Could be just about anything. People get headaches for many known and unknown reasons. Mine are mostly from sinus congestion.
That's rare. I had sinus surgery in '91. A neurologist who looked at my x-rays years later told me that my sinuses looked okay back then. The surgery made no difference.

Originally Posted by u235
Some in my family get terrible ones that involve nausea and never found actual cause.
Finding no cause is common. Nausea happens with migraine. I had those as a child. Fortunately I grew out of them. I remember how awful they were.

Originally Posted by Dudelsack
If this is the first time you’ve had this type of headache, you should consider seeing a doctor who should consider an imaging study.
I've had them for nearly a year. CAT scan turned up nothing. The physicians tell me I'm healthy; they have the data to back it up.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
You wrote that this have been ongoing for a year. You measured your BP and blood O2 count each time?
I bought the tools. When I have nothing better to do, as is the case when pain stops me, I check. I feel my pulse throbbing, but my BP is the same (90/60). I feel feverish but my temperature is normal (97.4, for me). I think I'm not getting enough oxygen so try to hyperventilate, but my spO2 is normal... Condemned to health!

Originally Posted by indyfabz
Since there is a long tradition of BF speculation on causes for medical conditions, I am going to go with high pulse pressure due to a "leaky" aortic valve.
Congratulations for playing deep left field! Aorta okay - had a Doppler a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by SharonS
I bet it's nothing serious about your health.
I agree, why I'm submitting to the BF panel for my diagnosis.

Do you get a headache with other physical activity?
No.

Does your bike fit to your height?
Yes. I've had it for 20 years, put > 100K on it.

I bet it's the fit of the bike! anecdote to assume the fit: I ride a 1996 Specialized Stump Jumper my ex fiance gave me which was his highschool graduation present. It is too small for me, and it gives me a headache unless i ride it more erect
You can make almost any bike fit with a longer seat post and handlebar post. Most people are adult size at age 18.

I'd think a ride on a badly-fitting bike would ache immediately, not 12 hours later - don't you-all?

Physicians aren't interested in you unless you have something obvious. The last thing I want to do when my head hurts so badly is subject myself to the torture of the urgent care clinic or, worse, the ER. I'd rather die. So I can only go after I've recovered, but then have nothing to report.