View Single Post
Old 06-24-19, 03:10 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by HarborBandS
The cranks are non-standard, so you'd have to find a Cannondale shop and hope that they are still available years from now. The BB is an asymmetrical design that pushes the drive side out further. I'd be happier if it were just a BB86, and more confident that I could find parts that will work ten years from now.

Also, do you see the wheel dishing specs posted anywhere for this off-center dish? It's not something you can just Google. I know other bikes have featured a custom dish spec in the past, but it's juts a pain to deal with, especially as a bike ages and wheel sets are harder to come by.

It all juts makes the bike harder to work on long term. Maybe not a big deal for someone who has the shop do most of their work or who replaces a bike often, but I am likely to use a frame until it's not usable any more. I'm still riding bikes that are 32 and 17 years old that have been upgraded multiple times.
The BB is just two bearings pressed into a shell. Cannondale uses the same crank arms just uses different interchangeable axles and/or spacers to get the right offset. Wheel dish is easy, you don't need to know the spec. You can measure or just use the truing stand with the OEM wheel to figure it out if its actually offset.