View Single Post
Old 08-04-19, 09:11 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 786 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by thehammerdog

New road ID with fancy buckle

Road ID
I ordered a new one as the old one got list. After getting an email with mega discount I ordered the yellow 13mm version with metal buckle
I like it very much looks cool comfy now my wife can relax when i got out on the road.
Strap is grooved much more than my 6yo strap but buckle is the same. Lost the previous Velcro strap RoadID while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico preparing for IMFL. RoadID sent a new one NC. A month+ later a woman found the old one in the sand. I called RoadID and said I'd pay for the new one, they said Don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by AmFaeEmbra
I have a credit card sized piece of paper with my medical notes on one side and my contact details and my photo plus contact's contact details on the other. It's laminated to protect it and sits in my saddle bag - it's also very handy as a tyre boot if needed.
Ah, but won't that get missed in the hustle and bustle of an accident you ask?
I also have my name and home details with blood group and allergy on bright yellow Dymo tape on my helmet.
Me, a Tight Scot? Definitely
Originally Posted by ucfdad
The important thing is to have this information somewhere in case of a bad wreck. I bought the Roadid with the clasp like the OP and am happy with it.
Info on a card or on a helmet might not be with you in the ER when they are checking over your body if you are unconscious. 2011 when in ER with bike crash broken neck/collar bone/compressed verts. the personel went to RoadID info on my band. Have had runners tell me about the tags on their shoes. I tell them about how often one sees shoes far from their owner after being hit by a vehicle.