Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,646 Times in 828 Posts
Originally Posted by San Rensho
Of course I've read the law, maybe you should too. The first 776.012, says you can use deadly force anywhere, not just your house, if you feel fearful. And 776.032 says you cannot be eve3n arrested unless the cops have probable cause to negate the stand your ground presumption, in other words, the burden of proof has completely shifted. And if the cops arrest you improperly, the police force is liable for attorney's fees, lost wages, etc. So what happens is even in clear cases of unlawful use of the stand your ground law, the cops dont even arrest. Look at the case I attached. The guy pusheg a guy to the ground lightly over a parking space, just stands there and the guy on the ground pulls his gun and shoots him. No arrest, no nothing.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/cr...g/67-575580427
You were typing as I was, and your post could not have been more timely. The law does not use the words "feel fearful." The man that got shoved to the ground and used deadly force has been charged with manslaughter IIRC. That hardly qualifies as "no nothing."
Likes For Paul Barnard: