View Single Post
Old 01-21-15, 10:48 PM
JMONAY
Some hooligan

Bikes: Several 3-speed Raleighs, several old road bikes, several old mountain bikes, all slightly or heavily modified

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
They tell us not to do vigorous exercise after donating, but I never heed that advice, and I've never had a problem. It doesn't even make me tired.
Either I'm just lucky, young, or both, but that's been my experience after donating as well. I go to school in hilly Ann Arbor and generally don't even think of taking the buses. Not that I have a single problem with them, it's just way more fun to bike every day. Last semester, excluding work and stuff, I'd usually make two round trips between North and Central campus a day for classes, a proper workout I would say.

Anyway, I donate as often as possible and last time I did, it just so happened that it was a day that I had to go to class, run errands, help out another student on something, and go to work. After sitting down waiting 10 of the 15 minutes they suggest after donating, I told them I had to pee real bad and was about to be late for work, which was true, and left early. I ended up making four round trips and then some that day, carefully but not slowly, and didn't feel any more tired than I usually do.