Old 07-31-18, 07:05 PM
toeofawesome

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do you plan on controlling the output of the motor? What style of AC motor is it?

There are almost as many control types as there are types o AC motor. Some are practical for use in powered vehicles.

Advantages of having batteries:
* you don't need to run the ic engine all the time.
* you can get away with a smaller generator because it is highly unlikely that you will be going flat out all the time (the police would notice you racing along at over 30mph).
* reference: research studies on the optimal size for a hybrid vehicle's battery system.

A BLDC motor (very common for ebike use) is a sort of AC motor, it is fed 3 phase variable frequency AC, usually synchronized by Hall effect sensors. It can just as easily be fed 50/60 Hz three phase and would spin at a constant speed.
I have no idea specifically what kind of motor it is. i know its single phase, AC and 120v. Plugs into a wall outlet so i figure it can run on a genny. I plan to gear this very low. 10mph Max. This isn't an in town commuter. its more of a mechanical mule i can legally take places i can't take my moped/scooter, which is my main form of transportation. A Hunting/Camping tool. like an ATV For places ATVS aren't allowed, but bikes are. Hoping to get away with a simple On/Off switch, engaging once i pedal up to speed, like a car transmission. or some kind of dimmer switch.