Old 07-11-19, 08:54 AM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 283 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
Most of the other things require years of experience, certifications, licensing, and upper education.

No comparison.

-Gregory
Such is life. Certs, license, experience, upper ed is never a guarantee. There's the rotten to excellency in most every occupation. The goal is to find that balance and as with everything, your money, judgement of those skills and then value of your personal time.

Staying on bikey topic and one needs to step back, realize this is hobby fun. No biggie.

The truing may take time for some, others perhaps not but I think associating monetary and YOUR time to what you KNOW could do yourself has to be weighed.

Press your finger and order online a heavily discounted truing stand and related, delivered to your doorstop the next morning, use it for Job #1 and then resell for a profit. You may come out ahead. Lol

I think of one bike shop and where they've missed the mark or goofed a few others bikes. But they're always willing to admit and resolve. Also, I like to learn from observing and or tips, especially on the most latest bikes. Something I've never done or worked with but willing to roll up the sleeves. I donate to them in my own way - parts, bike or two, sometimes just a six pack. They've trusted me to where I can use the shop if wanted for my own stuff or on the owners personal bike.

Good luck-