View Single Post
Old 02-01-21, 04:41 PM
ShannonM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 430 Times in 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
Lemond bikes were mass-produced and not an expression of his personal style. Taking a look at Geometry Charts and using a 58 for example both a current C-64 Colnago and a Specialized Roubaix have longer top tubes than a Lemond Maillot Jaune. I am sure Lemond like other pros both today and in the past like them long and low but to say that his bike brand was the same is not actually true from what I can see.
"Longer top tube" and "Slack seat tube angle and a long front center" are different things. LeMond's bike designs were always the latter, because that's the kind of bike that Greg LeMond likes. When Trek was making them, they were still designed that way. Indeed, that geometry was one of the differentiators from the Trek-branded bikes. Back when I sold both, the LeMonds fit different riders differently than the Trek bikes did. They also handled differently, even when both bikes were well-fitted to their riders. Most of my customers had strong preferences one way or the other. One of the more consistent preferences was that people who liked smaller, tighter bikes didn't buy LeMonds.

It seems to me that the OP is one of those people.

--Shannon