Old 01-23-19, 04:11 PM
Bandera
~>~

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes

Also, we learned in a wheel thread on the road forum from a wheel salesman that equipment does not make any difference and the best racer wins.
If I had the benefit of the deep profound "learning" that the 41 provides back-when I could have saved myself considerable time, effort and expense in the futility of preparing for and actually lining up to contest races that I could not possibly win, not being the designated "best racer". By some remarkable fluke of happenstance the "best racer" apparently had an appointment with destiny elsewhere on a few occasions and steps on the podium were occupied by the merely competent who had wasted a day showing up to defy inevitable defeat.

In 41 World are "best racers" given their magical race bikes by a divine being like the Lady of the Lake bestowing Excalibur on young Arthur exhorting them to "Sprint, Climb and TT Like No Mortal Cat 5 for thou shalt need no frame of shaped aerospace materiel, spokes of low count or electrical shifting for thou art The Best Racer ".
Or is the anointing process somewhat more prosaic like on American Idol?

-Bandera

Last edited by Bandera; 01-23-19 at 04:29 PM.