Old 11-08-19, 11:02 AM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Well, if you want the Lynskey - this video might convince you:
Basically, he loves the versatiltity of the bike (Tire size flexibility, mounts, and bike over all). There is a lot more Lenskey content there.

If I was going for a metalic bike - I would probably get the new Tom Ritchey gravel bike (Swiss Cross or Outback). I love good '90s steel feel. Many new steel bikes are overbuilt. This one seems to have that magic that bikes in the '90s had, with all of the component updates for today's bike.

For instance - the industry overbuilds the head tube to make it stiff, and then looks at ways to soften the front end. He's like - what the heck - just make it right - you don't need an ultra stiff head tube on a gravel bike that you might want on a full sus mountain bike.

The reviews mention things like:
feel is sublime; sublimely smooth
one of the nicest riding bikes I've ridden in a long time, regardless of the frame material.

Its not a race bike - its not going to have the pop on acceleration a light carbon bike will have, but it sounds like it has the feel that you are looking for. Not sure who else really makes steel gravel bikes that are not tank like.

Last edited by chas58; 11-08-19 at 11:40 AM.