Old 04-02-13, 02:56 PM
Steve Sawyer

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Seceur Elite, Soma ES custom build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
I loves SW Utah. There are some GREAT national parks there, including my favorite ... Zion.

1. No snorkeling, but a walk up the Virgin River Canyon is great.
2. We spent a day in nearby (and cheap) Laughlin, riding personal watercraft. That was a blast.
3. You can river raft down the Grand Canyon ... kinda dangerous really, so the 21 year old wouldn't scoff.
4. Archaeological sites? Lot of Anasazi (or ancestral Pueblan) sites in the area.

And need I say ... great biking and hiking
Thanks - good suggestion. The neat thing about that kind of place, is that I'd imagine you can kinda set up a base and find a dozen day-trip things to do. Would I be correct in guessing that there are local places that rent bikes?

I remember when the 21-year-old was about 9 or so, and we hiked up a winding trail to the top of a mesa somewhere in Arizona. We looked out across the beautiful scenery, sat and enjoyed the breeze that was somewhat cooler than it was at the bottom, drank some water, rested up a bit and headed back down. The little guy was incensed!! "You mean we climbed all the way up here to just go back down?!?!?!"

Kids just don't know what's good livin'