View Single Post
Old 05-24-21, 11:33 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,098 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
I don’t see your rear hub and tensioning approach yet. You don’t want to just loop it over a cassette cog, they are made to derail on purpose

Stan’s stopped making their tubeless conversion kit. The Stan’s tape will only cover the spoke holes, not help with seating the bead. You can likely get it to work with two wraps of gorilla, but it’s hokey. Look out for seeping at the rim joint especially if they’re not welded
My current intent is to run a 19T cassette cog (pulled from an 8-speed cassette). With a good chain line it shouldn't be trying to derail. If It works out to be a magic tension combination with a 32T chainring, I will be very happy. If it doesn't, I'll run a tensioner (currently looking at the Gusset Bachelor)

Thank you for the info about tubeless conversion I hope I works out, but If I need to run tubes, so be it. I did it for many years before with this bike. It's not the end of the world to do it again. We shall see how it goes.

I also thank you for challenging my plans. It helps me make sure I have my bases covered.

Last edited by Eric F; 05-25-21 at 12:09 AM.