Old 04-21-20, 07:54 AM
VS3

Bikes: Medici Pro Strada, Aventon Cordoba, Trek Verve2, State Bicycle Pardi Boi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Senrab62
Do you guys have Strava or tracking data showing that your average speed is higher with such a low cadence? Your top speed might be higher, but at 80-90 rpm, you're at 21 mph. I'm at about 68 gi and at 120 rpm where I average I would be at 25 MPH. I believe this to be a "feeling" rather than actual speed. I average that 21 without spinning out and also can mange hills and unpaved terrain. I'm a large man, and can mash with the best of them, but if I track a ride I am never faster at 80 gear inches than I am at 68 gear inches unless it's a short ride of about 5 miles with me sprinting the entire time.
Yes, I Strava and Samsung Health when I do turn them on. But why does it matter? What are you, the cadence and sprocket police? Each rider has their OWN comfort zone, regardless what some chart says about gearing size, cadence and MPH. I don't like 46T because it's too "easy" for me and gives me a higher cadence. Or a slower cadence and therefore slower speed. My comfort zone is my 48T. It also depends on what I feel like doing when I ride, and if my wife is with me, which means I am definitely going to be riding slower for the most part. You're size and who YOU can mash with is irrelevant to me.

​​​​Yet to make you feel better, the first image is 46T/16T with my State Bicycle Pardi Boi. The next two are 48T/16T on my Aventon Cordoba Polish: