Old 09-18-20, 12:49 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 763 Times in 571 Posts
Panaracer warranty

I'm asking here, because I know this group as a collective is a regular user of their products like the Pasela line of tires.

I bought a pair of 700x38s from an eBay bike shop who claims they are a Panaracer reseller. 700x38 Pasela PT wire bead. The tires installed with a significant effort, but I did eventually get the beads to seat with a consistent bead witness line around the rim flange. Neither tire is acceptably true. The rear tire has a bit of a hop to it, and the front has a small hop and lateral skip. You can feel it when you ride the bike. The tires were shipped coiled and zip tied. They did have legitmate-appearing Panaracer paper collars around the tires -- they appear to be legit products.

So I contacted the eBay seller and asked about the warranty from Panaracer, and asked if the tires needed some time to "rest" to straighted up after being in that condition. The seller essentially told me I was out of luck because home install voids the warranty from Panaracer. He said they ship tires all the time coiled up and that's a legit way to ship them (did not answer if the tires might need time to "recover" from that).

I did email Panaracer's product support line (411@panaracer.com), but got an automated response that they'll be out until next Tuesday. So...I wait on that.

For anyone who has dealt with Panaracer before, are they usually pretty easy to work with? Or did I potentially just waste $60 because this eBay seller won't work with me?