View Single Post
Old 11-10-19, 01:13 PM
dickbandit 

Bikes: 1980 Peugeot PFN-10, 1989 Bridgestone MB-3, 1988 Univega Alpina Uno, 1974 Velosolex Saint Tropez, 1995 Trek 830, 1986 Lotus Odyssey, 1987 Schwinn Mirada, 1987 Raleigh Elkhorn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 32 Posts
I'ts been over a year and I wanted to share an update. Since the initial rebuild I've added:

-Velo Orange leather saddle
-swapped out the wheels for some 27 inch wheelmaster Sun Cr18s I had lying around
-Replaced stem with a Nitto Technomic that had already been sanded down for a Peugeot I no longer own
-Replaced delrin Simplex with a Gipiemme branded SLJ 6600
-Replaced bars with Nitto B135 rando bars

I still haven't been able to find too much additional info about the Velosolex Saint Tropez. There was one for sale on Philadelphia CL last year around the holidays. It was stripped of most components. I considered buying it just for the original fork and then decided it wasn't worth it. In hindsight, maybe I should have. There is one for sale on eBay currently that has had many of the original parts replaced with period Japanese components.

Considering the bike was $50 and many of the upgrades were parts I already had or purchased on deep discount, I feel like I've done pretty well. It's a fun bike to ride and the only French bike I own
Likes For dickbandit: