View Single Post
Old 07-18-06, 09:43 AM
Berns

Bikes: 2008 Quintana Roo LuceroLite; 1993 Zipp 2001, 1998 Quintana Roo Private Reserve Kilo; Kona

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sprocket Man
Berns, those Scott DH handlebars are very cool. My wife (who was my girlfriend at the time) bought me a pair of those about 17 years ago when they first came out. I haven't seen anyone with those in well over 10 years. It's a shame they don't sell them anymore - they're very nice looking.
Thanks! I use to have another set around but I think I threw them away. I'm regretting it now. Problem is that it's very difficult to find replacement elbow rests for them. Fortunately there's a place in Washington that sells some really nice replacement pads though. I've been very happy with them and they seem to be more stable than when my hands where apart. I think they they were called the "extreme" aerobars though. I thought the DH had the deeper drops and had a bridge at the top. I had those too before. I didn't like them because the curve at the bottom of the drops made my hands hurt. In any case. Thanks again for the compliment.