Old 08-22-04, 02:39 PM
arctic hawk

Bikes: 2001 Trek XO1, 2009 Ridley Crossbow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by velocipedio
well, for what it's worth, the sponsor thing is going well. well enough, in fact, that we'll probably be able to afford to rent a van for some of the races. for the ones closer to home -- sherbrooke and mirabel -- we'll probably be able to use the shop van. and there will be at least two other cars. so we're looking good. i would be delighted to have you along for the ride, andre. i'll have to check to see if i can get you into our colours -- i might be the team manager, but i'm at the mercy of the title sponsor when it comes to the OFFICIAL roster and giving away team kit -- but you are certainly invited to join us unofficially and, as always, train with us. in fact, i would insist on it. you have a love of the mud and that, in the end, is all that matters. besides, in last year's races, you suffered almost as much as i did!
Heck! I'm not in it for the team kit. They don't look too warm, IMO, much prefer my jacket. Honestly, I can't imagine someone wanting to sponsor a last place rider anyways. Speaking of which, who is the sponsor? The bike shop? I just want to participate, try my best, & enjoy the comeraderie. Besides, the 3 Quebec City area races seem a little far for me to drive back & forth on the same day. I am waiting to see what OBC is up to & will attend the 200km range drives.
I am hoping all the summer duathlon stuff/suffering will pay off during the CX season. I am hoping that I will do better. Not last, is a start! I am not sure about who suffered more but I suspect that I suffered the most given my 1st time & season last year.

I gotta find a hill around hill & start hill sprinting or something soon.
Bring it on!!!

Last edited by arctic hawk; 08-28-04 at 11:37 AM.