Old 02-22-11, 09:37 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels
As far as rain goes, you either look ridiculous on the bike or ridiculous in the pub. Take your pick. Rivendell bikes sell the combo "gorton's limited edition" rain cape and hat.
Besides, is anyone in the pub even going to notice after three beers?

Originally Posted by Roody
I do a lot of light shopping on my way home from other destinations. I pick up things I might need in a week or two, especially staples. For example, yesterday I went to the supermarket to buy supplies for a spaghetti dinner. I realized I hadn't quite reached my carrying capacity, so I bought some cans of tomatoes and extra pasta to make efficient use of the space.
I do this too. Another option is to leave some of your work things at the office to give yourself extra carrying capacity. My work shoes, for example, live under my desk. It's not unusual for me to stop off on the way home from work and pick up $60-70 worth of groceries at the supermarket. My touring experience means that I have no trouble carrying the load.

About the only time I've been stuck in recent times was when I won a 41-litre esky and had to go to some ridiculous location to claim the prize. In the end, though, the occasional taxi fare still works out a lot cheaper than owing a car.

That is all.