Old 04-11-12, 10:02 PM
lazy912

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, no name fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hiya~

Long time lurker, 1st time poster. Wasn't sure where I was going to post this, or if I was going to make a new thread but decided that this was best. Since I now also have an Ironman, I guess I can participate. I picked this up from CL, asking price was $350. I got it down to $320, but I was aiming for $300 flat. He wouldn't budge from 320. Anyways, I would like to know more about it, if it's all original or if things were swapped. What year and stuff like that. (that's me pinging you, Mr Robbie. )

Based on what I have read up and researched, it's an 86' model. I hope its an 86' model. That's the year my wifey was born. Not sure about the rest. The serial is N6A6988, not sure if that will help or not. The pictures actually make it look nicer than it is, it's kinda banged and beat up. I'm worried bout rust and stuff, but I'm not sure if I should be or not. It's my 1st real road bike and man do I love riding it. My other bike is a no name fixie, nothing special other than a Sugino 75 chainring. Anyways, here's the specs and pics I saved from the CL listing.

51CM CENTURION DAVE SCOTT IRONMAN TRIATHLON/ROAD BIKE
MADE IN JAPAN
FULL TANGE 1 CHROMOLY TUBING
NEW CORK DROPBAR TAPE
NEW INNER TUBES/NEW TIRES
NEW SADDLE
GOLDEN ARAYA WHEELSET ON SHIMANO 600 HUBS, BOTH ARE TRUE
COMPLETE SET OF SHIMANO 600 COMPONENTS!
( CRANKSET, SHIFTERS, DERAILLEURS, BRAKES, BRAKE LEVERS )
MKS PEDALS WITH SOMA CAGES
12-SPEED

BTW, those tubes are not new. The schrader valve was rusted and gunked up. New saddle, tires and bar tape tho. But that saddle hurts. I don't really like that the brake hoods are kinda loose. It's dia compe hoods. Also, not sure if brake levers are Shimano, but then again I'm a noob.

Any help or info, just chime in and I will definitely appreciate it. I want to make this bike better and a beast. I mean, it's already a beast, but I wanna make it betterrrrr. So far I'm loving my Ironman.