View Single Post
Old 09-10-14, 04:05 PM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I would disagree. I've owned the Reba that the Fargo comes with. There is lockout like you find on a Fox or a Manitou and then there is the suggestion of lockout that you find on the Reba. I could never set it up to do anything but bob constantly. Even with a shock that is properly tuned, there are times...smooth but steep dirt roads...where you want to get out of the saddle and/or you don't need the shock. When you get out of the saddle, the extra weight will cause the shock to bob. You can increase the air pressure...something which you should do over an unloaded bike...but I can still make just about any shock bob through most of its travel when out of the saddle.

Sound like you have a problem setting up suspension or the damper in that fork was not working. I have a Reba and it's not an issue to set it up for use touring on smoother surfaces. I'm ~185lbs without gear so I'm not a featherweight.

My complaint these days is that most forks have too aggressive a LSC damper in them and most adjustments are nearly a lock out.

Last edited by vik; 09-10-14 at 04:10 PM.