Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Do you participate in cycling events?

Originally Posted by Machka
The season for events is approaching.

And as part of training, we are considering riding some routes from home which could, eventually, become commute routes. They are long and hilly.
Another resurrected thread on LCF, duly noted, though only three months from the preceding post. I had not seen it before so thanks for the opportunity to write. Though the Event Season has perhaps begun in Australia, it has peaked here in Massachusetts, and autumn is a great time to ride.

My main event riding is on the Fifty-Plus Annual Rides, almost each year one or two, since 2010. In fact those rides are the centerpiece of my cycling year as I train for them, beyond just my usual commuting. This year I did one in Michigan in July and a presumed major one is in October in Pennsylvania. I usually rent an SUV to drive to them, to easily accommodate my bike(s); about 700 miles to Michigan (also to visit family), and about 500 miles to Pennsylvania.

Otherwise I am a solo rider due to time constraints, enjoying the loneliness of a long-distance cyclist.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 09-24-15 at 07:51 PM.