View Single Post
Old 08-08-16, 09:47 PM
LoriRose

Bikes: '90 Bianchi Grizzly, '91 Look mi70, '99 RM Hammer Race

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've finally dismantled my first used bike, an old rocky mountain, to give it a full cleaning, new bearings, etc., thinking it will be a breeze because it was in the best shape out of my 3 used bikes when I picked it up, and the damned bottom bracket cup on the drive side won't budge. Everyday I give it a good dose of WD40 from the left side (where the cup came out easily) and then give a few good whacks to the wrench. I think I might need a longer cheater bar. I wonder how many days this will take...

I'm slowly working on my LOOK mi70 to turn it into a touring bike. Nothing major so far but I've been peeling off the decals. Sorry of that upsets anyone. I succeeded in scrubbing off all the black paint from the seat post so it's now got a brushed aluminum finish Is that a thing?? Added some nice shiny pedals and a Brooks saddle. It desperately needs new gear cables, a new BB and maybe a new chain too. No stubborn parts on this one though, so far.

My beater, workhorse and winter bike, a Bianchi Grizzly, will need to be prepped again for the winter soon. She's such a tank. I lover her. Even when her brakes rub.