perspiration
already soaked

Bikes: 2011 Surly Crosscheck, 2014 Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kingston
Totally up to you on how you want to deal with the shop, but I'd just have them move the light to the right location on the fender and cover the holes with a sticker. I have that same light on two bikes and use HVAC foil tape on the inside of the fender to hold the wires in place so the extra holes in the fender would have no effect on the functionality of the fender. Of course that's easy for me to say. I would have installed the fenders myself so would only have myself to blame if something was screwed up. There are several things I would have done differently on that fender installation.
Having ridden the bike a bit now I don't have much of an issue with the functionality of the fenders, but the mud flaps will be going on very soon. Not to make my fenders "How Kingston Woulda Done It" but is there anything here that's not preference but actually sub-optimal installation methods? One thing I see is the stays on the rear fender going to the higher eyelet rather than the one by the axle.

*edit* - For reference I have installed a few fenders myself but always done a pretty basic job, so these are my first real fancy fenders with real fancy attachments etc.