View Single Post
Old 02-26-19, 08:53 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
I have been having a problem posting certain Youtube videos here.

When posting a link to videos where I want to go directly to the relevant segment, I like to right-click on the YT video and choose the option "Copy Video URL at the Current Time". This creates a link to the video which is supposed to start playing at the time that's selected. I use this to skip intros, and non-relevant parts. Much more convenient than telling people in my post "please advance the video to 3:27, that's where the interesting part begins".

QUESTION: Is there a way to preserve that point in the video where I want it to start playing? Every time I try to do that on this message board, the video starts playing right at the beginning instead of the time I selected in my link. I tried making the YT link into a URL, but the videos still start playing from the beginning. Help!
The key is the URL ends with "&t=91s" - that's starting at 91 seconds.

Example

When in YouTube, click the Share button and use the checkbox for "Start At ..." to get the URL for the start time you selected.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 02-26-19 at 08:56 AM.