View Single Post
Old 05-21-19, 02:41 PM
braintree39

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
I have some of the same kit as my Touring bike on a cross bike frame... triple crank , etc..

directions to the local bike shop ?

I have three local bike shops near me, and I've talked with all three. One specializes in intense road bikes, one in Mountain Bikes, and one in hybrid style stuff... Then there's a vintage guy/shop. I just haven't had much luck trying things out and trying to talk out components.

I think I'm leaning toward harvesting my old bikes onto a Cross Check frame and then upgrading or playing around with different components from there. I kind of like the gears/shifters/etc. from my old road bike, so I figure I'll just start out with those... Maybe at some point down the road, buy a new and improved group set.

I'm spending some time noting the gears that I like best and I think I'll be able to create a specific bike that is suited to my style pretty easily from the cross check.

I'd love to walk into a shop and just buy a bike, BUT I think I'll learn a lot by doing this, AND I just don't have a lot of options....

If I can build up a complete bike from the two that I have - I will have a new bike that costs $500... That's not bad... (Or is it????)