View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 03:30 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by freeranger
Nothing fancy, just regular plastic Polar bottles work for me. Not super light tho.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
My preference for water is flavored carbonated water. [The local brand here around Boston is Polar Seltzer and it comes in a lot of flavors.] It comes in one liter bottles with a screw top cap to contain the carbonation.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
These bottles IMO are quite lightweight, made of rather thin guage thickness, pliable plastic, and the screw top caps nicely hold the pressure in.
Originally Posted by freeranger
Odd, see post #4--I didn't know polar also sold bottled water--this is the polar bottle to which I was referring: https://polarbottle.com/product-cate...ed-sport-bike/
I presume they are two entirely different companies, and I tried to make that distinction in my post #4.
Originally Posted by wipekitty
…Like @Jim from Boston , I sometimes use 1-liter bottles. I'm not a fan of carbonation while riding, but these bottles nicely hold a lot of water. I tend to use them early/late in the season when it's cooler and I'm combining commutes, transportation, and recreational rides to save daylight.
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Can't beat a standard 1.5 liter plastic bottle sold at the supermarket for less than a dollar and can be filled mucho-multiple times at home from the tap or elsewhere from a water fountain.

Sometimes I add a drop or two of concentrated lime or lemon juice for a bit of flavor and cool in the refrigerator. Bottle size is small enough to handle with one hand.

The cage can hold a 2 liter soda pop bottle but that size is hard to handle with one hand. A person so inclined could change out the cap for a nozzle-type cap, but I find that unnecessary.
I was surprised to see other subscribers also used (or admitted to) screw top plastic bottles…seems kind of Fredly to me.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 06-03-19 at 08:45 AM.