View Single Post
Old 06-05-19, 01:11 PM
The_Joe

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
Best of luck with the medical side of this. It IS best to get a clean bill of health first. Ask more questions when you're ready.

But keep in mind that Brooks at least had several different models of saddles, now and throughout their 100+ year history. They were designed and built for different physiognomies and ways of riding bicycles. You could have an unfortunate choice in either one. Also, leather saddles become too old, too stretched, or too distorted to function properly and give a comfortable ride even to the person the saddle was intended to fit. Depending on quality, use or care, they can need replacement anywhere from 1 year to 40 years of use.
This is basically a B17 so the width is where I'd need it to be.

As for a medical update, x rays and ultrasound have ruled out a hernia. I still have a sting from the soft tissue up to the front of my hip, even when I'm off the bike. There aren't many tests left to do but probably an MRI and/or physical therapy in my future.

This could be a compounding of various issues. The one day I did try to ride with my saddle rotated slightly to the left it put a lot of pressure on the left side of my perineum. Perhaps that's what got me to this point.