View Single Post
Old 07-08-12, 07:34 PM
Don in Austin
Don from Austin Texas

Bikes: Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
I read a lot of threads here about bad LBS, bad LBS mechanics, LBS that are clueless, LBS that charge too much, etc.

I happen to really like my LBS, Nonstop Ciclismo in Ventura, California.

The owner (Keith), the sales staff (JP, Martha and Nick) and the wrench (Sean) are all helpful, know their way around bikes and always seem to stock all the goodies that I really like.

So, from time to time I like to do nice things for them.

I have tipped the wrench, I have bought a bottle of nice Italian grappa and six pack of beer for them, and I occasionally bring them bagels and cream cheese on Friday mornings. I have also bought books for their growing bike library.

I understand that ours is essentially a commercial relationship, but I also understand that these are people, and just like you and me, they like to be treated nicely.

How many of you do little nice things for your LBS and their staff? What do you do?
Mickey's Big Mouth Malt Liquor and Guinness Stout about the time the mechanics are shutting down and seeping the shop floor. I haven't had a drink in 20+ years, so its vicarious for me.

Don in Austin