daihard 
Just a person on bike

Bikes: 2015 Trek 1.1, 2021 Specialized Roubaix, 2022 Tern HSD S+

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ill.clyde
And for others who may read this, PARTICULARLY those considering a hybrid/recreational bike ... please note, the OP has ridden this bike for a MONTH and is already looking at a racier bike. THIS is exactly why I rarely support the idea of hybrids/rec bikes and why I pretty much loathe them on the whole.
Risking going off-topic, I must ask... I've read your other posts and see your point about not liking hybrid bikes in general, but does your feeling apply to all types of hybrid bikes? As I understand it, "hybrid" is a fairly broad category that can include bikes of quite different geometries. Some are closer to MTBs, others to road bikes. I could see myself "outgrowing" an Expedition Sport in a month, but I don't think I can say the same about my Trek FX. I've accumulated over 150 miles on it since I bought it a week ago, and I'm liking every minute of the ride. I use it for commuting, casual rides around the hood, grocery shopping and (mostly paved) trail runs.

The value of your life doesn't change based on the way you travel. - Dawn Schellenberg (SDOT)