Old 10-09-18, 06:14 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by spdntrxi
it's actually the other way around on your recap ....I'm weak and looking for every advantage I can get... my FTP is sub 300 and I'm not a lightweight guy.

quality 30c tires where Schwalbe G-Speeds... and I put speed in quotes because I was being sarcastic as hell.. I dont know what the Crr increase compared to TC's... but it seemed HUGE and my power meter numbers comparing multiple segments back it up. My road bike was down to 12.8lbs.. so yes riding around on something getting close to 17lbs uphill is noticeable for me. Neither bike is aero (fat round tubes) so this is where I go next. The gravel bike is fun.. no doubt and it's opening up new routes for me so that is always good.
The G-One Speed/S-One are awesome tires. The worst Crr tested on bicyclerollingresistance.com is the Lugano, Schwalbe's entry level road tire. Even then, the difference between it and the very best tire tested is 14w - not close to your 20-25w estimate and the G-One Speed should be considerably better (I have several thousand miles on them and wouldn't buy another bike that couldn't clear them). Look elsewhere for your excuse.