Old 06-28-20, 05:16 PM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked 378 Times in 278 Posts
Originally Posted by sfrider
Nice find! Since the rear wheel is lifted off the ground to sit on the trainer, unless you also lift the front wheel the bike will tilt forward a little. Wheel blocks are little risers that have U shapes in them to keep the wheel in place, but you can use almost anything the right height. Like an old book, a couple of pieces of wood, or whatever stays put. Pretty much anything works.
Cool, thanks! I'll probably start out with something home-made, then, until I can find a riser for cheap-ish. I wasn't sure if they were for height, or stability (since the ones I've seen seem to cradle the front wheel). Crossing my fingers I can make it work! I haven't the first clue exactly what it's supposed to clamp onto in back... there doesn't seem to be much sticking out. I might have to post a picture and ask here if I try it and get stuck.

I saw one video that recommended getting a cheap axle to use with a trainer so you don't wreck your "real" one? Should I do that? It sounds annoying to constantly be switching the axle in and out every time between indoor and outdoor riding... I haven't many bike-mechanic skills (at least, not yet...?) and it sounds intimidating to me, not like something I'd do in a quick five minutes.

Last edited by Kat12; 06-28-20 at 06:46 PM.