Old 09-30-19, 11:51 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony_G
Thanks. Right now I'm looking for the whole wheel assembly. I plan to check some LBS tomorrow, and depending on local whole wheel prices, if they have anyone that laces wheels I may go with the new rim and spokes option.

Looking around the bikeinn site, I don't any complete wheels that looks like an exact fit for my bike.

Which more or less the reason I started the thread asking for help. Before I posted, spent and hour each on Amazon and ebay, and no seach terms brought up wheels that I was sure would fit.

They don't mention if the disc brake wheels are 6 bolt or center mount. Another problem is the skewers. Can I run thicker skewers if they come with the wheels. Or are the dropouts on my bike designed for 5mm only?
I hope your LBS has a good wheel builder. It's not terribly hard to build a wheel and most shops will do it for you. Anyway, the good thing about this route is you can talk to a human being about how and where you ride your bike, what you're trying to get out of your wheels, etc, and they'll be able to recommend a setup that will be a good match for you.

Centerlock is generally preferable, but it's not a big deal, they both work. The dropouts in your bike are going to limit the skewer you can use.