Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingBK
Wow, thank you for sharing these stories. You guys are seriously inspiring, not kidding. You have pushed through, what to me, are amazing heights that I hope to attain.

Im doing “ok” in the bike. After making solid progress since starting in August, getting to 5 then 10 miles, finally getting my first 20, old man winter hit and I haven’t been able to ride much. Just getting in one, sometimes 2 rides a week, and getting 45 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym.

Im still doing cardio 3 times a week but there’s nothing like the bike to build serious wind and endurance.

Doing great with the weight training. Hitting good compound lifting sessions including a really nice leg day of squats and deadlifts.

But the bike, I just love it. Not just the fitness and challenge physically, but the joy of being out there and just rolling, seeing, feeling, being in that great state of mind.

Trying to hold on to some of my gains and then can’t wait for some steady good weather to get to doing consistent 20 mile rides and really enjoying myself ; )
The weather here is rather crummy for riding from October to April. I bought a set of resistance rollers over 20 years ago and use them a lot. I put maybe 1000 miles on them every winter. They are not nearly as boring as a trainer and really help keep the bike handling skills sharp. The resistance feature is very handy for doing intervals and various drills, much more versatile than a set of plain rollers and well worth the extra money.